Behavioural Consultations via Skype
I offer consultations via Skype video calls if there are issues that can be dealt with effectively without attending in person.
Skype consultations are not a substitute for in-person dog training and there are some types of dog behaviour problems that are not appropriate for an online consultation, such as (but not only) dog-to-people aggression, or dog-to-dog aggression. In these cases I need to meet the dog, observe him in its own environment and see him “in action”, when facing the targets.
For other kind of issues, a skype consultation can be a good option to support you and your dog.
The length of consultations may vary according to the complexity of the behavioural problem (it generally varies between 1 to 2 hours).
The cost of the service entirely depends on the issue. Some problems can be fixed in a short time and the amount of work required is relatively limited. Other problems are more complicated and require a wider investment in terms of energy and time.
During a skype consultation I will ask you many questions in order to identify the right way to adequately support you and your dog.
I will then discuss with you how to appropriately correct the unwanted behaviour, using practical training techniques and specific rehabilitation methods. During our online meeting you won’t need to take notes as, within a week, I will send you a detailed plan for you to follow and practice with your dog, with all the points we have touched upon previously. Once you start working with your dog, I will follow you (by email or phone) so that we can make any adjustments necessary.
What Shall I Do If I Am Interested In A Skype Consultation?
- You can contact me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can write me a private message on my Facebook page (Fra Willis Dog Behaviour and Training), explaining to me what is the behaviour problem you are experiencing with your dog.
- I would then contact you to inform you about the cost of the service and agree a time that suits both of us, for the skype session.
- Lastly, I will ask you to fill out a questionnaire that I have prepared for my clients. This will provide me with a detailed summary of your dog’s history, lifestyle and basic information about his current problem. I would need to receive the questionnaire at least three days before our actual online meeting.
What Kind Of Problems Can Be Treated Using A Skype Consultation
A skype consultation can be beneficial for treating common puppy issues, such as:
- sleeping problems at night
- toilet training
- play biting
- jumping up
- poor puppy recall
- attention seeking behaviour
- lack of independence (separation distress when left alone)
- fear of vet/groomer
…and with a skype consultation you can also learn:
- how to properly socialize your puppy: things to do and things to avoid doing
- how to correctly manage the interactions between kids and pets in the same household
Adolescent and Adult Dogs
Online consultations can also be useful for behavioural problems such as:
- Separation distress and separation anxiety;
- Fear of loud noises: fireworks or other kind of environmental noises.
- Fear of vet/groomer
- Attention seeking behaviour
- Excessive barking
- Jumping up and over excitement with visitors
- Bringing home a rescue dog: tips and advice